Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Truth about "NiNo"!!

A double update in a night - sort of. Mainly due to the fact that i found out i only posted 4 posts for this month so far, and my friend here... posted 24 posts. how WOW is that??

And not to mention that my mood had gotten waaaaay better after listening to 'If You're Not The One' repeatedly. Yup3. And that i'm bored. Extremely bored. =__=

Hence! I've decided to dedicate this post to reveal the truth behind my nickname; Nino!! (I've promised this since my earlier posts! >__< )

Once upon a time, in the land Tronoh so far away from developed cities of Ipoh, a new batch January 2009 had just entered the one of the most prominent university of engineering in the country. And, as the usual custom by any institutes, every student have a mandatory responsibility of attending the orientation week, which is know as MAS (Malaysian Airlines! - Not! XD) It actually stands for Minggu Aluan Siswa. English translation? Go Google it. Mwahahah.

The activities were quite fun and enjoyable. We were divided into platoons for activities and my platoon was Platoon C, Group C7 (which is, coincidentally, my old dorm number in MRSM. C7, yay! X3) So anyway, as a 'well-rounded' university, the facilitators and staffs of MAS decided to hold an activity that requires utmost teamwork; a 'Talent Night' that comprises of shows (drama, dancing performances, mime, etc...) that will be participated by all platoons. My platoon had draw Pantomime; a drama where the actors/actress does not speak, but someone else from behind the scene would read the lines instead.

And naturally, being someone that loves to act and perform in Theater (I am currently a member of 'famous' Tronoh Theater Shop in UTP (^____^) ) i had volunteered to act, and the only role that I got was a PBSM or a hospital/ambulan staff, in which the only scene that i got was to run in and helped an old injured and sick man. Since it's a pantomime, I have no dialogue at all. Hell, i won't still have a dialogue even if it's not a pantomime. I'm just a PBSM member, what dialogue would i have?

And so! My beloved friends (my coursemates and my roomie =) ) decided that they should give me their 'support', and they started to shout "Ninoninoninoninoninoninonino~~" which is supposed to be the ambulan's siren.



Somehow that name stuck, and i am still known as 'Nino' among my friends today. I guess it's a good thing they decided to shorten it. It could have been worse, maybe "Ninono" or "Ninoni" or just simply "Ninoninoninoninonino"  *shuddering at the thought*

And my nickname is 'Nino' forever and after~~

The End. (>___<)

What did you expect? There's just a simple story behind my nickname, and obviously it doesn't involve things like saving the world or fighting the villains as in movies and animes. Nope. I'm not a superhero and not planning to be one.

And there's no way i'm involved with 'El-Nino'. Nuh-uh. I'm just a normal human being that enjoys simplicity and normality.

P/S: A trivia about 'Nino'. In Spanish it actually means 'Boy'!! Found out when reading 'Bleach' manga. --> WTH!! (O__o)

1 comment: